Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Rediscovering Photography


I consider myself a decent photographer. But even though I’ve had some pictures published and I spent a year doing weddings I’m not a professional photographer.

Four years ago this month I bought a very nice compact digital camera which I was very happy with. Instead of taking a couple hundred pictures that summer I took several thousand. However, after the novelty of the digital format wore off I began to miss the creative part of taking pictures that I had with my old SLR cameras.

Now, four years later and a little poorer, I’m about to go on vacation with my new professional digital camera that combines the best of both worlds. I’ve rediscovered photography and it’s even better than I remember!

1 comment:

Álvaro said...

[i]I began to miss the creative part of taking pictures that I had with my old SLR cameras.[/i]

No comprendo cuál es la parte creativa de la fotografía que la digital anula por las características propias de su formato.

Tengo alguna experiencia con fotografía analógica (me manejo en un laboratorio de fotografía, tengo nociones sobre composición, he hecho muchas fotos) y la única ventaja decisiva que le observo sobre la digital es la mayor calidad que tiene, y el placer casi artesano que dan los métodos tradicionales de revelado de fotos (que, hablando de fotografía a color, ni siquiera son tales).

(Habría tratado de escribir el comentario en inglés, pero no lo veo claro. He llegado aquí desde http://www.myprofe.com/tandem/index.php)