Friday, December 08, 2006

Mud & Stuff


The first thing I came across today were these mushrooms. They looked like they were covered with some kind of thick substance.



From there I headed straight for my favorite spot to see if I could get myself in the picture.



There were leaves everywhere. The tires of the bike don't make a sound when they roll over this bed of leaves.



There was a bright blue sky which contrasted nicely with the colors of this tree.



For the first time in my life I actually got stuck in the mud. The bike literally came to a halt and I couldn't move it at all. Finally I managed to lift it out of the mud and carry it to dry ground.



I had to use a stick to remove enough of the mud to be able to push the bike to the nearest puddle. I couldn't believe how thick and hard the mud was. Now I understand how they can build houses with it.

This picture was taken at 1.10 pm and I got home at 3 pm so I had to have spent a good hour there with the water and the stick before I could ride the bike again. On the way home I rode through every puddle I could find.

No comments: