Friday, December 01, 2006

One sheep, two sheep, three sheep

To avoid the dangers of being a weekend athlete I always try to get in some physical exercise during the week. This year I’m lucky because four days a week I have a midday class which I can walk to, 30 minutes each way.



I managed to squeeze in another bike ride to the Casa de Campo yesterday morning. I took my camera with me but since I didn’t have much time nor was I particularly inspired by what I saw I only took a few pictures. I spent most of the time practicing taking pictures of myself. The camera has a semi-detachable display screen.








I was heading back when I heard the sounds of a flock of sheep that are allowed to graze in certain areas of the park and I decided to check it out. There were quite a few sheep but they wouldn’t let me get close enough for a good picture so I had to zoom in from a distance.







Then I noticed a lamb that was all alone and apparently oblivious to my presence. I approached to what I considered the minimum distance to obtain a decent picture. I then proceeded to take successive pictures getting closer and closer for each shot.





For the last couple of pictures I was now on my knees. Well, you guessed it. After all this effort not to disturb this little guy I was now an arm’s length away waiting for him to open his eyes, turn his head and pose for the picture. I started making noises until finally he reacted. The minute he realized I was there he jumped up and ran off.





Here’s a cropped area of the previous picture.

No comments: